A LEVEL PHYSICS Tutorials
A ‘level Physics is a two-year academic course designed so to make learners identify, investigate and solve scientific issues in a sustainable way and prepare them for further research in Science and Technology. For Zimsec candidates, this learning phase will see learners being assessed through continuous assessment and national examinations.
The ‘A’ level Physics syllabus is designed to inclusively cater for all categories of learners.
Why we learn Physics
Modern day economies, Zimbabwe included, are driven through Technology and Physics principles form part of the basis. This enables learners to be creative and innovative in enterprise and society which can promote the implementation of Physics in industrial techniques.
The A’level Physics Syllabus covers conceptual and practical activities within the following areas:
- Newtonian Mechanics
- Oscillations and Waves
- Physics of Matter
- Modern Physics
It is assumed that:
- The learner has successfully finished Form 3
and 4 Physics Syllabus or some other equivalent
- The learner has correctly finished Form 3
and four Mathematics syllabus.
- Science apparatus and equipment are present and operational in schools which offer the course.
- Learners are conversant and have the right of entry to ICT equipment for learning purposes.
- laboratory safety measures are adhered to.